Monday 27 September 2010

Thanks for the memory

So why is it that I can remember exactly how to do everything in The Secret of Monkey Island,
I can recite lines from innumerable films,
I can remember what song comes next on countless albums,
and the road layout of my home town in Wolverhampton which I haven't lived in or visited in around 10 years,
I can tell you how to get a Moltres in pokemon,
or the best line to take around Laguna Seca on scores of video games....
I can remember server names, IP addresses, passwords, physical locations of equipment I installed years ago,
I can telly you how to do pretty much any quest in World of Warcraft from levels 1 - 60 on both the horde and the alliance side,

But can never remember the names of some of my family members (ok, maybe not the immediate ones but the ones I see at weddings and funerals)  I mean I'm related to them and have been since the day I was born!  Surely that information is more important to me than some of that other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment